Registration for this event is closed.
Please check our Event Calendar for other upcoming events.
Small Business and Entrepreneur Event
Presented by The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC
December 13, 2013
7:30 - 8:30 a.m. Registration and Networking
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Panel Discussion
9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Additional Networking
Teaming, Partnering and ContractingNVTC's Small Business and Entrepreneur Committee is connecting small businesses with prime contractors from the region. Network and discuss how emerging companies can do work with established businesses, what types of partners they are looking for and potential opportunities for teaming and subcontracting in the future. During the event, teaming experts will share insights on various aspects of partnering including best practices, pitfalls to avoid and relationship nuances.
Participating companies have indicated interest areas in which they are looking at partnering, teaming and subcontracting with small businesses. These companies and their interests include:
- Alion Science and Technology- AGILE Programming; Cybersecurity; Spectrum Management and Analysis; Information Assurance; DHS Experience
- Booz Allen Hamilton- Management Consulting; Systems Engineering and Integration; Cyber Solutions; Change Management
- CACI- Healthcare IT Services; Cybersecurity; Financial Systems; Logistics; Integrated Security for Intel
- CGI Federal- Cybersecurity; Cloud; Healthcare IT Solutions
- Dovel Technologies- Health IT; Software Development; Agile; Cloud; Mobile
- General Dynamics Information Technologies- Cybersecurity; Health IT; Mobile Apps; Cloud and Infrastructure Services
- ICF International- Software Development (Agile, Mobile, CRM); Business Consulting (PMO, Business Process); Strategic Communications (PR, Marketing, Advertising); Health IT; Energy
- Infosys Public Services Inc.- Financial Agencies; Health IT; Transportation; Consulting Services; IT Services; Products and Platforms Services
- LMI- Navy Logistics, Infrastructure and Resource Management; Homeland Security; Sustainability; VA Healthcare; Emergency Management
- Microsoft- Small Business Hardware; Set Aside Contracts; Software Training; Community Outreach
- Northrop Grumman- Cybersecurity; Innovative Technologies and Solutions; Health IT; Mobility; Mission Solutions and Applications
- SAIC- System Integration (Hardware and Software); Mission and SETA; Training and Simulation; Logistics and Supply Chain; IT Managed Solutions
- Transformation Systems Inc.- Defense
- Unisys- Cybersecurity; End User Outsourcing and Support Services; Application Modernization and Outsourcing; Data Center Transformation and Outsourcing
- Verizon Wireless
Moderator:Jill Aitoro, Senior Reporter, Washington Business Journal
Speakers:Louis M. Gaudio, President, Sterling Heritage Corporation
Catherine Nelson, Senior Vice President, Resource Management, LMI
Mehul Sanghani, President, Octo Consulting Group
Sponsors:Platinum Sponsors: Aronson LLC; Knobbe Martens; Morrison & Foerster
Gold Sponsors: Ballston BID; Cox Business
Silver Sponsors:Loudoun Economic Development; Thompson, Greenspon & Co. P.C.
Bronze Sponsor: Micronic Technologies
Supporting Organizations: NVTC's Business to Government Committee; SECAF
The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC Business Partners:
The Chief Storyteller; Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®; Panacea Consulting; Virginia Department of Business Assistance
For more information about sponsorships for this event and committee, click here
CIT - Center for Innovative Technology
2214 Rock Hill Road
Directions to CIT - Center for Innovative Technology
Member: $ 35.00
General Audience: $ 75.00
Member: $ 45.00
General Audience: $ 85.00
Walk-ins will be accepted on a space-available basis.
RegistrationPre-registration for this event has closed. Walk-ins will be accepted on a space-available basis.
All attendees must have a paid registration to enter an event. Advance registration and payment is required. Pre-registration will close 24/48 hrs prior to the event. Once pre-registration has closed, all registrations will be considered a "walk-in registration" and will be assessed an additional fee to any payment rendered. Events for which payment is not required will not be assessed this fee. For sold-out events, no walk-ins will be accepted.
By registering for this event, I hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction, in print or electronic format, by NVTC or its authorized agents, of any and all photographs which may be taken of me at this event, for any publicity purpose, without compensation. I acknowledge and agree that all images, whether electronic, negatives and positives or otherwise, together with the prints, are owned by NVTC. I hereby acknowledge that I am 18 years of age or older and have read and understood the terms of this authorization and release.
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org more than two business days in advance in order to receive a refund. No-shows will not receive a refund.
In case of inclement weather, please call 703-904-7878 x250 for the latest update on the event.
Confirmations and Receipts
NVTC provides registration confirmations ONLY upon request. If you would like to confirm your registration, please send your request to email@example.com and we will be happy to check your registration status. Thank you.