Cybersecurity & Privacy Committee EventPresented by the Cybersecurity and Privacy Committee
January 29, 2013
BYOD: Bring Your Own Device or Bring Your Own Disaster?
Bring your own device (BYOD) is a sweeping trend that affects every IT department. The demand for mobility and consumer devices, including tablets, smartphones, laptops and other devices, provides a unique productivity opportunity for end users. It also creates many challenges for IT departments trying to maintain data and access security. Learn about the brand new Commonwealth of Virginia BYOD initiative as well as lessons learned from Cisco's BYOD expert as they explore the motivations for BYOD, discuss the challenges involved and offer perspectives on different approaches to address them.
Moderator:Paul Sweeting, Principal, Concurrent Media Strategies and Analyst, GigaOM
Panelists:Neil Anderson, Director of Systems Architecture, Cisco
Aaron Mathes, Deputy Secretary of Technology, Commonwealth of Virginia
From left to right:
- Rick Tracey, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer Telos Corporation
- Sherryl Dorch, Vice President of Marketing, Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions
- Paul Sweeting, Principal Concurrent Media Strategies and Analyst, GigaOM
- Taly Walsh, Vice President, Networking & Intelligence Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
- Aaron Mathes, Deputy Secretary of Technology, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Neil Anderson, Director of Systems Architecture, Cisco
- Evan Weisel, Principal of Welz & Weisel Communications and NVTC Board Member
SponsorsIndustry Exclusive Sponsor: Morrison & Foerster
Platinum Sponsors: Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions; Telos Corporation
Gold Sponsor: Symantec Corporation
Silver Sponsors: AirWatch; Iron Bow Technologies; Welz & Weisel Communications
Media Partners: 1105 Government Information Group; Capital Business
For more information about sponsorships for this event and committee, click here
1700 Tysons Blvd.