Registration for this event is closed.
Please check our Event Calendar for other upcoming events.
Small Business & Entrepreneur Event
Presented by The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC
December 7, 2012
7:30 - 8:15 a.m. Registration and Networking
8:15 - 9:00 a.m. Panel: Teaming Best Practices
9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Panel: Teaming Agreements
9:45 - 10:15 a.m. Additional Networking
Teaming, Partnering and ContractingNVTC's Small Business and Entrepreneur Committee is connecting small businesses with prime contractors from the region. Network and discuss how smaller companies can do business with established companies, what types of partners they are looking for and potential opportunities for teaming in the future.
Small businesses attending the event should fill out and print a brief form about their capabilities and differentiators to take to the event and give to the prime contractors. To access the form, click here.
Participating companies have indicated interest areas in which they are looking at partnering, teaming and subcontracting with small businesses. These companies and their interests include:
- Acentia LLC - Health IT
- Attain - ERP; IT Support Services; Health IT; Health Research and Grants Management
- CACI - Law Enforcement Experience; Professional Engineering Services; Health IT Systems/Support; Logistics Systems/Support; Financial Services/Systems
- CGI - Health IT; Cybersecurity; Cloud; Mobile Computing/Applications; Big Data
- CSC - Cybersecurity; Health IT; Global Health; Narcotics and International Crime Prevention
- Deloitte & Touche LLP - Cybersecurity; Financial Management; Agile Development; Training and Learning; Grants Management
- Dovel Technologies - Application Modernization; Health IT; Cloud Computing; Mobile Computing; Architecture Planning and Design
- General Dynamics Information Technology - Mobile Applications; Energy Critical Infrastructure; Cybersecurity; Cloud Computing and Virtualization; Intelligence Community
- HP Enterprise Services - Infrastructure Services; Application Services; Business Process Outsourcing; Industry Services
- LMI - Health Care IT; HHS and Component Agencies; Health Care Cybersecurity; VA Health Care; State Health IT
- Lockheed Martin - Countermeasures Technology; Surface Ship Systems; Energy; Anti Submarine Warfare; Tatical Radar
- MacAulay-Brown (MacB) - Cybersecurity; Intelligence Community/National Security; DHS IT; DoD IT; Health IT
- MAXIMUS Federal - Federal Health Experience and Health IT; Business Process Management; Case Management, Mobile, Security and Privacy; Civilian Agency Experience; Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery
- Northrop Grumman Information Systems - Cybersecurity; Health IT; Civil Security and Public Safety Solutions; Civil Financial solutions; Big Data and Analytics
- PNC Bank, N.A. — Federal Services Division - Government Cashflow Management; Government Health IT; Government Purchase Card Audit and Monitoring; Data Standardization and On-Going Management; Program Management
- SAIC - IT (general); Cybersecurity; Intelligence IT; Energy Management; Health IT
- Serco Inc. - Business Process Outsourcing; Transportation Consulting; Electronic Records Management; Human Capital
Moderator:Nick Wakeman, Editor, Washington Technology
Panel: Teaming Best PracticesGreg Baroni, Chairman and CEO, Attain LLC
John F. Long, Director of Small Business and Partnerships, Civil Systems Division, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Timothy Lowman, Director of Strategic Programs, MacAulay-Brown Inc.
Panel: Teaming AgreementsElizalee Cocke, Senior Small Business Subcontract Management, HP Enterprise Services
Doug Worthington, Sector Vice President, Technology and Mission Solutions Sector, KEYW Corporation
Sponsors:Platinum Sponsors: Aronson LLC; Morrison & Foerster; Virginia Tech National Capital Region; Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Silver Sponsor: Loudoun Economic Development
Board Supporting Sponsor: Consumer Electronics Association
Supporting Organizations: NCMA Battlefield Dulles Chapter; NVTC Business to Government Committee; SECAF
The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC Business Partners: Avison Young; HP; Panacea Consulting
For more information about sponsorships for this event and committee, click here
CIT - Center for Innovative Technology
2214 Rock Hill Road
Directions to CIT - Center for Innovative Technology
Member: $ 35.00
General Audience: $ 75.00
Member: $ 45.00
General Audience: $ 85.00
Walk-ins will be accepted on a space-available basis.
RegistrationPre-registration for this event has closed. Walk-ins will be accepted on a space-available basis.
All attendees must have a paid registration to enter an event. Advance registration and payment is required. Pre-registration will close 24/48 hrs prior to the event. Once pre-registration has closed, all registrations will be considered a "walk-in registration" and will be assessed an additional fee to any payment rendered. Events for which payment is not required will not be assessed this fee. For sold-out events, no walk-ins will be accepted.
By registering for this event, I hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction, in print or electronic format, by NVTC or its authorized agents, of any and all photographs which may be taken of me at this event, for any publicity purpose, without compensation. I acknowledge and agree that all images, whether electronic, negatives and positives or otherwise, together with the prints, are owned by NVTC. I hereby acknowledge that I am 18 years of age or older and have read and understood the terms of this authorization and release.
Cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org more than two business days in advance in order to receive a refund. No-shows will not receive a refund.
In case of inclement weather, please call 703-904-7878 x250 for the latest update on the event.
Confirmations and Receipts
NVTC provides registration confirmations ONLY upon request. If you would like to confirm your registration, please send your request to email@example.com and we will be happy to check your registration status. Thank you.