|Online Community||Mission and Vision||Goals||The NVTC Foundation|
Winner of the Virginia Values Veterans Commonwealth Award
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) launched the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative in August 2013 to accelerate Veterans' transition to civilian life by providing better employment opportunities within Virginia's technology community. This Initiative matches veterans with jobs, internships, mentorships and certifications, while also providing support to member companies in their efforts to hire, train and retain qualified veteran employees.
The NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative is being driven by the Northern Virginia business and technology community in conjunction with the region's academic institutions and policymakers. The Initiative also is supported through community partnerships and with the active assistance of committed volunteers.
This Initiative has not only created one of the first "business-driven" veteran hiring initiatives, it has also built a regional model that will begin to be replicated by others regions across the country. In addition, NVTC has begun the process of rolling this Initiative out to other technology councils across Virginia.
NVTC and Monster.com have built an online community and resource that facilitates the development, hiring and training of military veterans throughout the technology community. NoVaTechVets.org includes a searchable database of jobs at NVTC member companies, a military skills translator for veterans to match their skills to jobs in the civilian environment, and educational resources and tools.
Mission and Vision
The NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative's mission is to make it a priority of every technology company to hire, train and retain military veteran employees. NVTC's Initiative aims to be a model community for veteran employment resource by educating companies on the value of hiring veterans, while facilitating training and transitioning of military veterans to employment within the technology community
- Support our Veterans in finding employment in Virginia by creating a community that expedites the transition from military to civilian employment
- Create innovative ways for companies in our region to hire, train and retain Veterans
- Collaborate with state and federal policymakers to remove the barriers that prevent government contractors from effectively hiring and training Veterans
- Assist NVTC member companies in establishing or expanding their own internal Veteran programs
- Aid Veterans in developing the skills necessary to find a job in the private sector and succeed in their private sector careers
- Increase Veteran employment among NVTC member companies
The NVTC Foundation
The NVTC Foundation is a registered charitable organization in Virginia and a federally approved 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations to the NVTC Foundation are fully tax deductible up to the allowable limits of the law. The NVTC Foundation relies on fundraisers and donations to support the NVTC Veterans Employment Initiative program whose mission is to provide a path to employment opportunities for our veterans within Virginia's technology sector. Contact NVTC Vice President of Communications and Strategic Initiatives Allison Gilmore for more information or to make a donation.