Northern Virginia Technology Council | Press Room | NVTC Announces Leadership Board of 2014-2015 Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee
October 16, 2014
NVTC Announces Leadership Board of 2014-2015 Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee
Group Will Expand Awareness of Northern Virginia’s Famed “Data Center Alley”
McLean, Va. – October 16, 2014 – The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) today announced the creation of a new Leadership Board for the 2014-2015 Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee. Now in its third year, the Committee’s mission is to provide a clear, collective and compelling voice for the region’s data center, cloud and critical infrastructure community in an effort to contribute to the long term growth and prosperity of the industry. The Committee has approximately 175 members from 80 companies.
The Committee’s Leadership Board is made up of business and operations executives from top firms in Northern Virginia seeking to expand the region’s leadership position in high technology, particularly data centers and cloud infrastructure.
Members of the Leadership Board of the NVTC Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee are:
- James Leach (Chairman), Vice President Marketing, RagingWire Data Centers
- Peter Bacenet, Vice President Data Center Implementations and Critical Environments, Visa
- Detlev Geuss, Senior Director, IBX Operations Mid Atlantic, Equinix
- William Moser, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Paul Russinoff, Vice President State Relations, Visa
- Phillip Sandino, Director Customer Solutions, Dominion Virginia Power
- James Weber, Director Network and Data Centers, Neustar
“NVTC is pleased to announce the 2014-2015 Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee, and strongly supports the Committee and its mission of promoting the data center and cloud ecosystem in the region,” said Bobbie Kilberg, President and CEO of NVTC. “I congratulate the new members of the Committee’s Leadership Board and thank them for committing their time and expertise to develop the high tech economy of Northern Virginia and establish a dialogue on key business and technology issues that have a significant impact on our industry.”
As part of their 2014-2015 agenda, the Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee will focus on four primary areas:
- Community – fostering a community of professionals as part of the data center and cloud ecosystem through events, social media, and outreach.
- Education – building technical skills of the members through seminars and developing the next generation of data center and cloud professionals using mentorship and internship programs.
- Leadership – promoting Northern Virginia’s “Data Center Alley” as the top market for data centers and cloud infrastructure in the United States.
- Advocacy – establishing a dialogue with industry and government leaders to protect the resiliency and drive the energy efficiency of critical data center and cloud infrastructure.
"The Leadership Board is excited to begin their 2014-2015 term and drive the agenda for the Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee,” said James Leach, Chairman of the Leadership Board. “We encourage interested companies in the data center and cloud sectors to join and sponsor the Committee as a way for them to give back to the industry which has contributed so significantly to the quality of life in Northern Virginia.”
Northern Virginia is recognized around the world as one of the top locations for data centers and cloud infrastructure earning the title of “Data Center Alley.” More than 70% of the world’s Internet traffic flows through the 58 data centers that encompass 7.5 million square feet. In addition, more than 3 million square feet of data center space is currently planned or in development. The driving forces for data center growth in Northern Virginia have been abundant fiber and telecommunications, cost-effective and reliable power from Dominion Virginia Power, tax incentives and proactive government support, a highly skilled workforce, and a robust transportation system of highways, railways, and airports.
to learn more, become a member and sponsor the NVTC Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Committee.