Northern Virginia Technology Council Announces Finalists for 2008 Greater Washington Technology CFO AwardsHERNDON, VA, April 22, 2008 - The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2008 Greater Washington Technology CFO Awards, which recognize chief financial officers for extraordinary achievement and excellence in promoting the development of the region's technology community. The awards program, produced by NVTC with participation by the Tech Council of Maryland, honors exemplary CFOs in the following categories: Public Company CFO of the Year, Private Company CFO of the Year, Group/Division CFO of the Year and Community Service Award. At the awards banquet on June 3 at the Hilton McLean in McLean, Va., the Michael G. Devine Hall of Fame Award also will be presented to an extraordinary leader whose contributions have significantly and uniquely impacted the Greater Washington region's technology business community during the course of his or her career.
These awards are a joint endeavor of the four accounting firms of Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, and the chairmanship of the event is rotated among the four firms. The chairman of this year's awards program is Greg Kuykendall, partner, Ernst & Young.
The finalists for the Public Company CFO of the Year Award are
- John F. Baule, K12
- Maria C. Izurieta, Wireless Matrix
- Kevin Phillips, ManTech International
- Joe Ragan, GTSI Corporation
- Steve Vintz, Vocus, Inc.
- Gregory S. Dunn, Acquisition Solutions, Inc.
- Wes Husted, Abraxas
- Doug Kollme, Interactive Technology Solutions
- Joseph Kuhn, NextPoint Networks, Inc.
- Wayne Wilkinson, Athena Innovative Solutions, Inc.
- Marilyn Crouther, EDS, U.S. Public Sector (the 2007 Community Service Award honoree)
- Jim LaJeunesse, Unisys
- William T. Powers III, Rolls-Royce North America
- Kevin M. Boyce, Datatel, Inc.
- Ed Offterdinger, Beers + Cutler
- Mark Simione, Noblis