Thinking about joining NVTC?
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is the membership and trade association for the technology community in Northern Virginia. As the largest technology council in the nation, NVTC serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry, as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies. Through its member companies, NVTC represents about 200,000 employees in the region.
As the largest technology council in the United States, NVTC is recognized as providing technology's elite with:
- The best in networking opportunities by hosting more than 80 events each year - from large-scale "signature" events to focused committee-level events - all targeted to different audiences within our membership. NVTC has been, and continues to be, widely recognized as the networking giant of the region's technology community.
- A strong, proactive political advocacy presence in Richmond to help ensure that state policies and investments represent the priorities of NVTC member companies and foster a pro-business environment that is supportive of the technology industry and technology-based economic growth. NVTC's political action committee, NVTC TechPAC, bolsters the Council's state-level advocacy by supporting candidates for state office who champion issues of importance to the technology business community and economy.
- Education on subjects of interest to our member companies, ranging from specific knowledge gleaned from our committee events to information, industry trends and breakthroughs shared at our large signature events.
- A variety of committees that provide opportunities for members to connect and gain valuable knowledge and insight on issues of importance to member companies and industries, and to shape the professional development programs, projects and services that NVTC provides. NVTC has many committees and task forces to meet the needs of the numerous audiences within our diverse membership.
- A host of member benefit programs that provide services that many of our member companies would have difficulty obtaining elsewhere in such a cost-effective manner. These services include the insurance programs of NVTC BeneNet, NVTC RiskNet and GovConRisk; the Principal Financial Group Retirement Solutions; Inova Executive Health and Subscription Medicine Program; Member Advantage; and the Career Center @NVTC.
- Collaboration with technology industry organizations, including Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with the Professional Services Council (PSC) and the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- A resource hub for technology-focused startups and entrepreneurs at every stage of their lifecycle via The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC. The Entrepreneur Center fosters entrepreneurship in students, mentors the first-time entrepreneur, advises and supports the experienced entrepreneur, and facilitates strategic business relationships in the technology community.
- Philanthropy through NVTC's charitable arm, the Equal Footing Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to create an "equal opportunity" environment in which underserved youth can access the technology and tools they need to compete in a skilled and educated workforce. This is accomplished by funding, launching and sustaining "Computer Clubhouses" via public-private partnerships. Today, the Foundation supports six Computer Clubhouses in Fairfax County and one in Fauquier County.
- International business opportunities developed through meetings, events and hosting foreign delegations. NVTC's unique mix of programming keeps members current on global trends in technology policy and the economy, and helps enable and facilitate international business that is beneficial to both the NVTC membership and the global community.