Northern Virginia Technology Council Honors the Region's Rising Tech Stars at NVTC Hot Ticket AwardsAwards Celebrate the Accomplishments of "Hot" Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurial Companies
To view the NVTC Hot Ticket Awards online media kit, click here.
HERNDON, VA - June 26, 2008 - The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC), the largest technology council in the nation, last night announced the finalists and winners of its seventh annual Hot Ticket Awards, recognizing local entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies for achievements that make them "hot" – great vision, superior ability to implement and deliver, innovative management approaches, and overall success. Award categories included: Hall of Fame, Hottest Bootstrap, Hottest Buzz, Hottest Exit, Hottest Management Team and Hottest VC Deal.
The award ceremony was attended by more than 450 Capital region technology entrepreneurs, business leaders, media and special guests.
The judges for the 2008 Hot Ticket Awards included: Jonathan Aberman, Amplifier Ventures; Mike Avon, Columbia Capital; Steve Balistreri and Jennifer Trax, Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C.; John Hurley, DLA Piper; Mary MacPherson, M2Works; and Sever Totia, Edison Venture Fund.
Winners and finalists of this year's Hot Ticket Awards are:
Hall of Fame Award
- Vocus, Inc. **Winner** Sponsored by FedResults
- LeverPoint LLC **Winner**
- Distributive Networks
- Gratis Internet, Inc.
- KZO Innovations
- South49 Solutions LLC
- Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. Sponsored by Valhalla Partners
- Clearspring Technologies **Winner**
- iBelong Networks, Inc.
- VisualCV, Inc. Sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank
- ServiceBench **Winner**
- Athena Technologies (Aquired by: www.rockwellcollins.com)
- Cloakware, Inc.
- K12, Inc.
- RealOps, Inc. Sponsored by Ernst & Young LLP
- Parature, Inc. **Winner**
- Criterion Systems
- NetWitness Networks, Inc.
- Stacksafe, Inc.
- Vocus, Inc. Sponsored by AH&T Insurance
Once again, the Hot Ticket Awards were held poolside at the home of NVTC President & CEO Bobbie Kilberg in McLean, Va. Jennifer Trax of Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. and John Hurley of DLA Piper emceed the night's festivities and sponsors included: "Smoking Hot Sponsors" Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. and DLA Piper and "Steaming Hot Sponsors" Base Technologies, Inc.; Bowne Financial Communications; Cyveillance; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP; Harris Information Technology Services; Principal Financial Group; Transformation Systems, Inc.; and Welz & Weisel Communications.
NVTC Hot Ticket Awards Media Kit
- NVTC Hot Ticket Awards News Release
- Fact Sheet on Award Winners and Finalists
- Bobbie Green Kilberg Bio (NVTC President & CEO)
- NVTC Hot Tickets Logo
- Fact Sheet on NVTC