Tech Law and Procurement Committee EventPresented by the NVTC Tech Law and Procurement Committee
March 18, 2015
Insights on How to Manage the M&A Process to Produce Better ResultsOn March 18, 2015, NVTC's Tech Law and Procurement Committee will present a panel of in-house lawyers and outside counsel who have extensive M&A experience. The panelists will provide their insights on how to run an effective acquisition process, focusing on practical steps that deal-makers can take to improve the odds of smooth execution. They will also talk about solutions to key deal issues that can help determine whether or not a deal is successful. Among other topics, the panelists will discuss the following questions:
- Do standardized M&A policies, practices and form libraries produce better outcomes?
- Are there tricks to navigating M&A auctions?
- What are the secrets to successful due diligence? How do you communicate diligence results to the negotiators and decision-makers?
- What can you do to ensure an efficient and effective purchase agreement negotiation process?
- How do you develop a set of effective post-closing remedies? How should buyers assess proposals regarding indemnification and escrows? Is representation and warranty insurance a useful substitute?
- How do you ensure that the target's management team remains incentivized after closing? What is the role of non-competes?
- What can you do to facilitate post-closing integration?
Moderator:Jonathan Corsico, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Panelists:Jonathan Coleman, General Counsel and Secretary, CoStar Group Inc
Matthew Garber, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Transactions, AOL Inc
Stephen Glover, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Kevin Hughes, Associate General Counsel, M&A, Neustar Inc.
Anna Lueje, Deputy General Counsel, IAP Worldwide Services Inc.
1.5 hours of CLE credit will be earned by attorneys registered in Virginia, Maryland or Washington D.C.
Sponsors:Gold Sponsors: Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; Hunton & Williams; Kilpatrick Townsend; Littler Mendelson, P.C.; Venable LLP
Location Sponsor: Sprint
For more information about sponsorships for this event and committee, click here.
12524 Sunrise Valley Dr