General Counsel EventPresented by the NVTC General Counsel Committee
December 3, 2010
Tapping into the Growing M&A Market for Tech Companies - Lessons Learned from 2010 and Strategies for Success in 2011
Please join our panel of leading M&A experts to learn what worked well and what may not have worked as well in important tech company M&A transactions in 2010, and to discuss exciting opportunities, winning strategies and potential pitfalls for tech M&A in 2011. Our discussion will be designed to help senior corporate officers and in-house counsel add value to, and better manage, M&A transactions both as buyers and as sellers. Topics will include:
- Industries that fared well in 2010 and those primed for 2011, and why?
- The effect strong balance sheets and credit markets have on M&A
- Bridging the gap between valuations and seller expectations - purchase price adjustment mechanisms, earn-outs and other deal closers
- Understanding the competition today for good assets between strategic and financial buyers
- Using due diligence both to reduce risk from new compliance and regulatory requirements and to add value
- Using intellectual property to add value in M&A transactions
- How changing U.S. government policies may affect M&A
Moderator:David Cole, Partner, Baker & McKenzie
Speakers:Jerry Howe, General Counsel, TASC, Inc.
Bob Kipps, Managing Director, Kipps DeSanto & Co.
Jim McLaughlin, General Counsel, Transaction Network Services, Inc.
Gary Morris, Partner, Townsend and Townsend
SponsorsGold Sponsors: Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP; Baker & McKenzie LLP; eTERA Consulting; Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto; Gibson Dunn; Hogan Lovells US LLP; Pillsbury LLP; Townsend and Townsend and Crew LLP; Venable LLP; Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC
For more information about sponsorships for this event and committee, click here.
The Ritz-Carlton Tysons