Business Development - Pre-Golf SeminarPresented by NVTC's Business Development, Marketing and Sales Committee
April 29, 2005
Prepare for the NVTC Foundation Golf Outing and Avoid Business Golf Blunders: A Panel Featuring Some of the Area's Successful Business Golfers
Registration for the NVTC Foundation golf tournament will sell out in eight minutes. Why? Golf is recognized by our members as a tremendous business development tool, but according to Hilary Bruggen, "...business golf may actually be detrimental to business unless planned and played properly." Attendees will be well prepared for the NVTC Foundation golf outing by learning the following from this event:
- How should your firm best leverage a sponsorship?
- What are the business development benefits of taking a foursome at a golf tournament?
- Who should you invite to be in your company's foursome?
- What is the best balance to put together a winning team?
- How do you incorporate golf into the business development process to gain and retain clients?
- Which members of your management team should golf?
- How good should the golfers be?
- When should you bring up business?
- How does golf level the playing field?
- Should you beat your client on the course?
- What are some of the common business golf blunders made on the golf course?
Keynote & Moderator:
Hilary Bruggen, regular commentator on NewsChannel8's Capital Golf Weekly, "Bruggen's On Course" segment, Founder and President, Strelmark LLC. Bruggen competed in the 2003 and 2004 USGA Women's Southern Amateur Championship.
Doug Brown, Partner, Deloitte
Brett Egloff, K Bank Construction, Loan Division
Rick Baierlein, Head of Advertising, The Washington Business Journal
Acquient Search; INPUT
Gibbs College; St. Paul Travelers
Business Wire; LeapFrog Solutions
Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
To sponsor this event click here
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Conference Room
1600 Tysons Blvd.