Ajay A. Jagtiani
Miles & Stockbridge P.C.
In addition, Ajay supports numerous clients in biotechnology, including diagnostics, genomics, immunotherapy, proteomics, pharmaceuticals and other microbiology techniques. In the state arena, he has advised the Secretary of Technology for the Commonwealth of Virginia regarding intellectual property matters, and he has drafted proposed intellectual property legislation for the Commonwealth.
At the federal level, Ajay has advised such government agencies and laboratories as the Department of Energy, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Mines, Naval Medical Research and Development Command, Naval Command and Control Center, NASA, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, and the Naval Research Laboratory.
Ajay has earned an "AV Preeminent" Peer Rating in Martindale-Hubbell. He maintains extensive experience in the academic world, having provided assistance in intellectual property matters and technology transfer to such institutions as the University of Arkansas, the University of California System, Catholic University of America, Colorado State University, University of Central Florida, Florida State University, George Mason University, Georgia Medical College, Georgia Tech, the University of Maryland, McMaster University, the University of New Mexico, the University of Notre Dame, Oregon Health & Science University, University of Ottawa, the University of Texas System, Wake Forest University, the University of Western Australia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia Tech and Yale.
AFFILIATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Committee of 100
- Leadership Fairfax
- TED Mentor
- Volunteer Fairfax
- Association of University Technology Managers: Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers: Member
- National Association of College and University Attorneys: Member
- Northern Virginia Technology Counsel: Member
- Optical Society of America: Member
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent® Rated
- Copyrights & Trademarks
- Counseling For Strategic Intellectual Property Asset Management
- Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Litigation And Enforcement
- E-Business, Privacy & Data Security
- Education Law
- Emerging Business
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Life Sciences, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patent Post-Grant Proceedings
- Patent Prosecution & Counseling
- Private EquityNenture Capital
- Technology Transactions & Licensing
- "So You Think You Know What Your Maritime Insurance Policy Covers?," M&S Industry Alert (March 30, 2017).
- "Supreme Court Rejects Laches Defense to Patent Infringement," M&S Industry Alert (March 23, 2017).
- "Can You Rely on the Printed Claim Terms in an Issued Patent?," M&S Industry Alert (February 08, 2017).
- "The United States May Become an International Intellectual Property Tax Haven," M&S Industry Alert (February 06, 2017).
- "Foreshadowing of Cyber-Security Executive Order," M&S Industry Alert (January 31, 2017).
- "The Perils Of One Wrong Word In A Contract," Law360 (June 08, 2011).
- Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, J.D. 1993.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.S.E.E. 1988.
- Canadian Patent Agent, 1993
- District of Columbia, 1994
- India, 2011
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
- Virginia, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia